Registering for CoderDojo Denver will take a few minutes and involves registering on some other web sites.
Please follow these instructions carefully!
Disclaimer: By registering for and attending CoderDojo Denver, you are giving permission for your student’s image to possibly be used by CoderDojo and it’s sponsors and hosts in marketing and other educational materials including but not limited to website, social media, and video instruction.
Step One: Register at CoderDojo.com
If your child is 13 Years Old or older they should register their own CoderDojo account. Otherwise, please fill out the following information as yourself instead:
Visit CoderDojo.com’s Registration Page
Fill out the registration form. There will be two parts:
- The form to fill out will ask for YOUR information as the parent/guardian, not the name of
- The form to fill out will ask for YOUR information as the parent/guardian, not the name of the child who will be attending.
- A password is required because you will need to log into this web site whenever you attend CoderDojo.
- Please DO check the checkbox to join the mailing list so we can keep in contact with you via email.
- It will ask for YOUR date of birth, not the child attending.
- Select “United States” for the location and then type “Denver, CO” in the following field.
Step Two: Add your children/students
You should end on a “profile” page where you can fill in additional information. You can optionally add your children or youths at the bottom of this page
Click the “Add Child” button to add a child under 13 and fill in the following form:
- If your child is over 13 you can “invite” their CoderDojo account to be part of your profile. They will need to register an account for themselves first!
- You’ll be asked to enter their first and last name, birthdate, and optional gender
- For the “Alias” field, we recommend a nickname your student/child likes to be called, but we strongly recommend you make it something anonymous to protect their identity if you choose to let them participate in the student forums.
Step Three: Join our Dojo
IMPORTANT You must “join” our dojo to finish the registration process.
Visit our dojo page and you should see a blue “Join Dojo” button near the top right corner of the page. If you use the map to find our dojo, you may not see the “Join Dojo” button, so please use the link above. You should see something like this on the page:
Click the “Join Dojo” button. You will be asked what “role” you’d like when joining the dojo. Most parents will join as a “Parent/Guardian”, but we’re always excited to have new “Volunteer” members.
Whew, thanks for following all those steps. Please reach out to Ian Douglas if you experience any trouble registering.