This is hands-on learning. No grades, no expectations. You get to create your own projects, work on cool stuff, build, create, make.
There is no limit to the number of dojo sessions you can attend but you MUST register.
Bring a friend. Bring 5 friends! We want this thing to get big! We even want you to start your own dojo some day!
There are no grades. You learn at your own pace.
- http://coderdojo.com/resources – Lessons, called “Sushi cards” are located here.
- https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/ – CoderDojo and the Raspberry Pi Foundation have partnered and we’re happy to share their curriculum as well.
- https://code.org – participate in the Hour of Code. Many cool projects.
- http://natestone.com/dojo – Lots of other coding resources listed here.
- http://www.w3schools.com – has lots of free coding help
- https://codenvy.io – Codenvy is a way to practice coding 100% online. We’ve written our own guide at http://www.coderdojodenver.com/img/Codenvy.pdf
- http://www.edutyping.com – Want to get better on the keyboard? Try this website for help.
CoderDojo has 2 rules:
Above all, BE COOL. Treat others with respect and be friendly to others around you. Help to minimize distractions and other behavior that makes it hard for others to learn.
Ask questions! Don’t worry if you don’t know something or don’t understand.
Ask 3, then me: Ask the kid on your left, then the kid on your right, then ask Google. If you’re still stuck, ask a mentor.
Awards and Achievements
There are no grades but there ARE rewards. We give out cool wristbands for finishing the different “sushi cards”. Read about them here